Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Great Task Ahead



"If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible; who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time; who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." Obama 08.

What a great birthday present I got today. I said Obama was all I wanted. And he was all I got. As I stood in line for almost 3 hours to vote for change, to vote for hope, to vote for the notion that I can do anything. Even being the first African-American president of the United States.

The fight is not over. For as many who are proud, there are as many who are frighten. We must pray for him and his family's safety here and abroad. The job of president is a hard task - ask George, LOL. We must never forget this day. We must continue to fight racism person by person. Nov 4th has become the beginning. The beginning of change.

No comments: